Gulfport Yacht Club 2017 Multi-Hull Regatta
Notice of Race
When: May 5th, 6th and 7th, 2017
Gulfport Yacht Club
4638 Del Rio Way S., Gulfport, FL 33711
1. Racing Area: Shall be lower Boca Ciega Bay. Staging area shall be on Gulfport Beach 5500 Beach Blvd, Gulfport FL 33707. Boats may stage at the beach area starting at Noon on Friday May 5th until Sunday, May 7th at 17:00.
2. Rules for Racing: Shall be the 2013-2016 Racing Rules of Sailing, (except as changed by the Sailing Instructions), the Prescriptions of US SAILING, the appropriate class rules of each boat entered, this Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions.
3. Eligibility: Shall be any multihull 20-feet and shorter in length that has a valid Portsmouth handicap.
4. Classes: Any class with five (5) or more boats may be given a separate start. Others start together, sailing under Portsmouth handicap.
5. Registration: May be done in advance through the GYC website www.gulfportyachtclub.com. Late registration will be at Gulfport Beach.
6. Entry Fee: $80 for single-handed boats, $100 for double-handed boats.
· Boats registering after Tuesday, April 19th will pay $10 more for registration at the site.
· Additional tickets for Regatta meals will be $15 each.
7. Disclaimer: All those taking part in the event do so at their own risk. The Organizing Authority accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or inconvenience occurred, however caused.
8. Insurance: Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $100K/$300K per incident or the equivalent. Proof of liability insurance is required. (Photocopy of cover is acceptable.)
9. Course Format: Shall be chosen among the US SAILING multihull courses as shown on their course sticker. The course number shall be posted on the course board on the starboard side of the RC Signal boat.
10. Advertising: Is not a concern in this regatta, provided the RC deems it in good taste.
11. Radio Communication: Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This also applies to mobile phones.
12. Scoring: Shall be low point score system of RRS, Appendix A.
· One race constitutes a regatta.
· Not more than ten races will be held.
· After five races are sailed a boat's worst score will be discarded.
· This will also be a Hobie Points Regatta: The GYC 2017 Multihull Regatta will be a Hobie Division 8 Points Regatta for HCANA members. Points will count in national rankings and in Division 8 Area rankings. See the class website for details http://www.hcana.hobieclass.com.
13. One Turn Penalty: For breaking a rule of Part 2 while racing. (Changes RRS 44.1)
14. Prizes: Will be awarded to the first three boats in each class. Five or more boats of a single class that are registered by Tuesday, April 19th will constitute a class.
Schedule of Events
Friday, May 5th, 2017
12:00 PM Gulfport Beach opens for boat storage, set up, & optional practice
5:00 - 7:00 PM Registration at GYC Appetizers and Beverages will be served.
Saturday, May 6th, 2017
9:00 - 9:55 AM Late registration at the Gulfport Beach.
10:00 AM Competitor's meeting, Gulfport Beach
11:00 AM First race of the day. Others will follow.
6:00 PM Dinner at GYC
Sunday, May 7th, 2017
10:00 AM First race of day
Notes for Sunday Racing
· No race will be started after 13:00 (1:00 PM)
· Lunch & Awards presentation will be on the beach after racing.