Notice of Race
GYC 2015 Multi-Hull Regatta
April 24-26 2015
I. Organizing Authority- Gulfport Yacht Club.
· GYC Address: 4638 Del Rio Way S., Gulfport, Florida 33711 | www.gulfportyachtclub.com
· Race Site: Gulfport Municipal Beach, 5500 Shore Blvd., Gulfport, FL 33707
· Race Chair Contact: Geoff Hartman || Ph: (716) 404-9977 || Email: GYC.2015.MH.Races@gmail.com
1. Racing Area: Shall be lower Boca Ciega Bay. Staging area shall be Gulfport Beach. Boats may stage at the beach area starting at Noon on Friday, April 24 until Sunday, April 26 at 17:00 sharp.
2. Rules for Racing: Shall be the 2013-2016 Racing Rules of Sailing, (except as changed by the Sailing Instructions), the Prescriptions of US SAILING, the appropriate class rules of each boat entered, this Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions.
3. Eligibility: Shall be any catamaran 20-feet and shorter in length that has a valid Portsmouth handicap.
4. Classes: F16s/F18s and A-Cats will have separate start times. Any other class with five (5) or more boats may be given a separate start. Others start together, sailing under Portsmouth handicap.
5. Registration: May be done in advance through the GYC website at www.GulfportYachtClub.com.
· Late registration: Will be at either a) Gulfport Yacht Club on Friday (4/24/2015) between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM, or b) Gulfport Beach on Saturday morning (4/25/15) between 9:00 AM and 9:55 AM, prior to Competitor’s Meeting at 10:00 AM.
6. Entry Fee: $65 for single-handed boats, $85 for double-handed boats.
· Boats registering after Friday, April 17th will pay $10 more for registration at the site.
· Additional tickets for Regatta meals will be $15 each.
· A limited number of extra Regatta shirts will be available on site on a first come basis.
7. Disclaimer: All those taking part in the event do so at their own risk. The Organizing Authority accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or inconvenience occurred, however caused.
8. Insurance: Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of $100K/$300K per incident or the equivalent.
· Proof of liability insurance is required. (Photocopy of cover is acceptable.)
9. Course Format: Shall be chosen among the US SAILING multihull courses as shown on their course sticker. The course number shall be posted on the course board on the starboard side of the RC Signal boat.
10. Advertising: Is not a concern in this regatta, provided the RC deems it in good taste.
11. Radio Communication: Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. Also applies to mobile phones.
II. Scoring: Shall be low point score system of RRS, Appendix A.
· One race constitutes a regatta.
· Not more than ten races will be held.
· After five races are sailed a boat's worst score will be discarded.
12. One Turn Penalty: For breaking a rule of Part 2 while racing. (Changes RRS 44.1)
13. Prizes: Will be awarded to the first three boats in each class. Five or more boats of a single class that are registered by Friday, April 17th will constitute a class.
14. Hobie Points Regatta: The 2015 Gulfport Yacht Club Multihull Regatta will be a Hobie Division 8 Points Regatta for HCANA members. Points will count in national rankings and in Division 8 Area rankings. See the class website for detailshttp://www.hcana.hobieclass.com"
III. Schedule of Events
Friday, April 24, 2015
12:00 PM Gulfport Beach opens for boat storage, set up, & practice
5:00 - 7:00 PM Registration at Gulfport Yacht Club - Club House.
Address: 4638 Del Rio Way S., Gulfport, FL 33711
Saturday, April 25, 2015
8:00 AM Regatta Committee on the beach
9:00 - 9:55 AM Late registration at the beach.
10:00 AM Competitor's meeting, Gulfport Beach
11:00 AM First race of day. Others will follow.
6:00 PM Dinner at Gulfport Yacht Club – Catering by Neptune Grill, Gulfport, FL
Sunday, April 26, 2015
8:00 AM Regatta Committee on the beach
10:00 AM First race of day
~ 2:00 – 2:30 PM Awards Lunch – Held across the street at Little Tommies Tiki, Gulport, FL
Notes for Sunday Racing:
· No race will be started after 13:00 (1:00 PM)
· Lunch & Awards presentation shall follow completion of racing
* Location for Awards: Directly across the street at Little Tommies Tiki
For more general regatta information, please contact
* Contact: Geoff Hartman, Race Chair
* Race Ph: (716) 404-9977 Alt Ph: (832) 693-1155
* Race email: GYC.2015.MH.Races@gmail.com
* Race Committee Radio: Start on Channel 72
Note: Sponsors & Awards Location subject to change. Changes will be announced at Competitor's meeting and/or posted on the official race notice board.