Gulfport Yacht Club 2016 Multi-Hull Regatta
April 29TH-May 1ST 2016
Gulfport Yacht Club, Gulfport, Florida USA
Notice of Race
1. Racing Area: Shall be lower Boca Ciega Bay. Staging area shall be on Gulfport Beach 5500 Beach Blvd, Gulfport FL 33707. Boats may stage at the beach area starting at Noon on Friday April 29 until Sunday, May 1ST at 17:00, no later.
2. Rules for Racing: Shall be the 2013-2016 Racing Rules of Sailing, (except as changed by the Sailing Instructions), the Prescriptions of US SAILING, the appropriate class rules of each boat entered, this Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions.
3. Eligibility: Shall be any multihull 20-feet and shorter in length that has a valid Portsmouth handicap.
4. Classes: Any class with five (5) or more boats may be given a separate start. Others start together, sailing under Portsmouth handicap.
5. Registration: May be done in advance through the GYC website www.gulfportyachtclub.com. Late registration will be at Gulfport Beach.
6. Entry Fee: $65 for single-handed boats, $85 for double-handed boats.
· Boats registering after Tuesday, April 19th will pay $10 more for registration at the site.
· Additional tickets for Regatta meals will be $15 each.
7. Disclaimer: All those taking part in the event do so at their own risk. The Organizing Authority accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or inconvenience occurred, however caused.
8. Insurance: Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $100K/$300K per incident or the equivalent. Proof of liability insurance is required. (Photocopy of cover is acceptable.)
9. Course Format: Shall be chosen among the US SAILING multihull courses as shown on their course sticker. The course number shall be posted on the course board on the starboard side of the RC Signal boat.
10. Advertising: Is not a concern in this regatta, provided the RC deems it in good taste.
11. Radio Communication: Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This also applies to mobile phones.
12. Scoring: Shall be low point score system of RRS, Appendix A.
· One race constitutes a regatta.
· Not more than ten races will be held.
five races are sailed a boat's worst score will be discarded.
· Hobie Points Regatta: The Gulfport Yacht Club 2016 Multihull Regatta will be a Hobie Division 8 Points Regatta for HCANA members. Points will count in national rankings and in Division 8 Area rankings. See the class website for details http://www.hcana.hobieclass.com.
13. One Turn Penalty: For breaking a rule of Part 2 while racing. (Changes RRS 44.1)
14. Prizes: Will be awarded to the first three boats in each class. Five or more boats of a single class that are registered by Tuesday, April 19th will constitute a class.
Schedule of Events
Contact: Beth Hesselton email@example.com 727-304-7435